Saturday, February 12, 2011

Taste Testers: Chicken Enchilada Casserole


In anticipation of my new cookbook, Delightfully Free, I thought I'd share some of the feedback that I'm getting. I'm going to call these little previews "Taste Testers" and I'm hoping that they'll provide a showcase for the reactions that I'm getting from all sorts of people when they make the recipes found in my cookbook.
So to kick it off, I just got this email last night from my wonderful friend Connie who doesn't usually eat GF or DF:


"Hi Tracy....I have to admit, I was a little skeptical! Haha! Wow I was completely surprised at how incredible it was! The directions and amounts were perfect. It wasn't any more time-consuming or difficult to make than regular enchiladas. The servings were enough to feed 3 people for dinner twice and lunch for 2, plus a little extra left over. The sauce is what really makes the dish. It tastes just like a mole sauce and the flavor is intense and robust. I could just drink it straight! (I'm a sauce person!) All in all, it is a wonderful casserole. The texture is just perfect and it was excellent even the second day. Also, I never missed the cheese and that's saying a lot, because I'm a cheese lover. I will absolutely make this one of my go-to recipes. Ted really loved it too and was happy to have it for his lunch today! I would be very happy to try any other recipes you may have!"


Thanks Connie! I'm so thrilled that it was a success for you guys :)


Like to see more Delightfully Free? Check out Delightfully Free.com

~Tracy

About Delightfully Free: Delightfully Free is a gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free cookbook of 141 recipes. It includes delicious resources for autism, Celiac disease, diabetes, lactose intolerance, obesity and just plain healthy living. It contains 114 color photographs, 114 vegetarian or vegetarian compatible recipes, and 103 vegan or vegan compatible recipes.