Friday, February 18, 2011

Berries For Breakfast



The new year is  almost here, and with it a new crop of seasonal produce. It's time again to welcome...BERRIES!!! Berries are a forerunner of spring, and that is something to get excited about!!   As soon as strawberries, blackberries and blueberries show up at the market, I go crazy coming up with more healthy, colorful, sweet dishes than I know what to do with!

I will be very busy creating berry sweet desserts, snacks and breakfasts in the next months ;)  And speaking of breakfast...do you want to know what my current favorite breakfast is? {It changes periodically}. This one's SO easy and so incredibly packed with nutrients! And it is also absolutely delicious!!  {Isn't it fabulous that all of this can be true of one dish?!}...It is simply a bowl of nutritious, steel cut oatmeal with agave nectar, cinnamon and every berry I can find {along with fresh peaches or nectarines}, and a handful of chopped walnuts

I eat this many mornings, with a little vanilla rice milk on top, and it's almost like eating dessert!!!  It is also very pretty, so I thought I would take a picture to inspire those of you who might be a bit skeptical  :)  More on berries in my new cookbook...


~Tracy

About Delightfully Free: Delightfully Free is a gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free cookbook of 141 recipes. It includes delicious resources for autism, Celiac disease, diabetes, lactose intolerance, obesity and just plain healthy living. It contains 114 color photographs, 114 vegetarian or vegetarian compatible recipes, and 103 vegan or vegan compatible recipes.



Linked to ~ Fat Tuesday, Domestically Divine, Return To Loveliness, Frugal Days