Wednesday, April 23, 2014

The Second Edition is Here!!

I'm excited to show you!!


As you can see, the cover and spine are just the same, except for that little "2nd Edition" graphic, which means...that I have come out with a Second Edition as some of you already know. Also, the book is still a hardback with a hidden spiral to make it easy and convenient to work from any of the 141 recipes on any of the glossy 100 lb paper pages in the book. (Most books use 40 lb paper.) Of course, the full color, beautiful photographs of every recipe remain as well!

So, why a Second Edition? This text taken from the book says it best. Here's the explanation from page 2:


I am not medically trained, but in this past year, the information that has come out about agave nectar, and the many knowledgeable naturopaths, nutritionists and functional medicine professionals I have spoken with, have made me convinced that there are better natural sweeteners. So, I knew that I must adjust the recipes that had used agave in order to offer only the healthiest, most nutritious recipes possible.

The project took months of hard work! But I feel that it was WELL worth it!!! The re-working of just over one third of my recipes has made them even healthier than before. And--my resident chief taster, my husband Bri, (who sometimes appears on this blog), is adamant that the results taste even more delicious than before! 

Delightfully Free is currently carried in about 150 medical/nutrition-based offices as a patient resource. I am very gratified at the response the medical community is having now to the Second Edition. As I mention in my "What's New in This Second Edition," their feedback was a major reason I decided to re-work the recipes to eliminate agave nectar.

I recently saw a Dr. Oz Show episode which aired on February 27, 2014. Dr. Oz said that he had previously recommended agave nectar, but would not be doing so any longer, in part because of the high fructose level. (I have also heard him praise coconut palm sugar.) So even the renowned and very entertaining Dr. Oz would approve of this new Second Edition. Of course, I hope to hear that you do too!

Wishing you health and Joy!


~Tracy

About Delightfully Free: Delightfully Free is a gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free cookbook of 141 recipes. It includes delicious resources for autism, Celiac disease, diabetes, lactose intolerance, obesity and just plain healthy living. It contains 114 color photographs, 114 vegetarian or vegetarian compatible recipes, and 103 vegan or vegan compatible recipes. 

                                   
You can buy Delightfully Free and Even More Delightfully Free on my website, www.delightfullyfree.com or directly at this link: https://squareup.com/market/delightfully-free
Your signed books always come with free shipping. We do not sell on Amazon or Barnes & Noble or any other internet sites.