Friday, October 17, 2014

St. Louis Rams Wellness Week

What does a cookbook have to do with an NFL football team?

A lot, when the cookbook is filled with recipes that promote better health, strength & endurance, a more stable glycemic level & lots of nutrition-boosting energy derived from lean proteins, complex carbs & the important, good fats. 

I wouldn't have guessed that I would have the opportunity to present my cookbook, Delightfully Free, to the staff & coaches' wives of the St. Louis Rams, but that is exactly what happened! I was invited to Rams Park to be a part of the Rams' Health Fair being put on by Jody in HR last week. The goal was to promote healthy eating. In the process I met lots of great people & made so many new friends.

 



My first day at the Health Fair I met lots of really nice Rams' employees as I offered samples of my Cafe Nuts (page 125), Crunchy Snack Mix (page 125), Hummus, both plain & peperoncini, with my Gluten-Free, Corn Free Baked Tortilla Chips (page 123) & my Black Bean Brownies (p. 135).  It was rewarding to see their enthusiasm for the recipes they were tasting. I never get tired of seeing people's responses to delicious food that is surprisingly clean, healthy & guilt free! Many happy people went home with signed copies of my cookbook.

My husband Bri (who denies he was envious of my visit), said I should have been given the game ball, which I should have then had signed extensively & given to him. Oops. But what I did get was some great memories and a tour of the Rams Camp. I will tell you about what happened in day 2 (the Lunch & Learn) & day 3 (the luncheon we threw for the coach's wives) in future posts, but here are a few photos from my first day: 



The view out my window of the Rams on their practice field
At my table with my samples



 
 I borrowed some equipment from All-Pro Robert Quinn. When I got home, I got to see how it fits him, as he wore it on Monday night football!

Wishing you health and Joy,

~ Tracy

About Delightfully Free: Delightfully Free is a gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free cookbook of 141 recipes. It includes delicious resources for autism, Celiac disease, diabetes, lactose intolerance, obesity and just plain healthy living. It contains 114 color photographs, 114 vegetarian or vegetarian compatible recipes, and 103 vegan or vegan compatible recipes.

You can buy Delightfully Free and Even More Delightfully Free on my website, www.delightfullyfree.com or directly at this link: https://squareup.com/market/delightfully-free
Your signed books always come with free shipping. We do not sell on Amazon or Barnes & Noble or any other internet sites.