Monday, December 1, 2014

Back at Bastyr University in San Diego

I have begun a happy habit of bringing my gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free cookbook, Delightfully Free, to a prominent naturopathic medical school which has recently opened a campus in my area. Bastyr University was founded in Kirkland, Washington, and I have also had the pleasure of visiting that beautiful campus. In 2012, Bastyr opened its new campus in San Diego, California. It is the only fully accredited naturopathic medical school in California!

I originally visited the San Diego campus in June, 2014. I met and talked with many of the students from the inaugural graduating class of 2016 and the second class of 2017. When I visited a few months ago, I enjoyed reconnecting with some of those new friends, and also met many members of the class of 2018 who have just started their studies toward becoming naturopathic doctors.

Some of the wonderful Bastyr students

I don't come empty-handed when I visit my friends at Bastyr. I definitely bring tempting samples of recipes from my book. This time, they happily snacked on my Lentil Walnut Tapenade (p. 121) and my Black Bean Brownies (p. 135). Many a student walked away from my table with their own brand new signed copy (in some cases, several copies--it's Christmastime!) of my gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free cookbook.

I so enjoy speaking with these amazing, dedicated young women and men and really appreciate their excitement about my cookbook. It's extremely rewarding to see these pre-naturopathic doctors, educated in healthy eating, so enthused about the clean, healthy recipes in Delightfully Free. These are future proponents of the book in their own practices, possibly recommending my book to their patients. Delightfully Free is currently carried in over 200 naturopathic, integrative and holistic medical practices across the country. Now that's rewarding!

Wishing you health & Joy, ~ Tracy

About Delightfully Free: Delightfully Free is a gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free cookbook of 141 recipes. It includes delicious resources for autism, Celiac disease, diabetes, lactose intolerance, obesity and just plain healthy living. It contains 114 color photographs, 114 vegetarian or vegetarian compatible recipes, and 103 vegan or vegan compatible recipes.

You can buy Delightfully Free and Even More Delightfully Free on my website, www.delightfullyfree.com or directly at this link: https://squareup.com/market/delightfully-free
Your signed books always come with free shipping. We do not sell on Amazon or Barnes & Noble or any other internet sites.