Sunday, March 2, 2014

You Could Learn Mandarin Chinese Instead

"Isn't this kind of thing difficult?" That's the question I sometimes get from people who wonder if cooking and baking gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free is going to be the kitchen equivalent of learning Mandarin Chinese.

"Nope," I assure them. Actually, compared to "traditional cooking and baking," it will be the same as or even easier. Easier because you use a blender on many of my recipes such as my Black Bean Brownies and many of my sauces and salad dressings, to name a few examples.

Contrary to what you might think, while I love the challenge of creating yummy recipes, I don't love spending all my time in the kitchen. I'm for honing the process, helping myself along whenever and wherever I can without cutting quality. This is the reason I wanted a hidden spiral in my cookbook. I wanted it to be a beautiful hard back that people could display in their kitchens, but I wanted convenience at the same time. (Who likes to prop their cookbook open with a can of beans to see the recipe?) Delightfully Free lays flat when opened to any page in the book. 

Because I remember the uncertainty at times when I began this type of cooking and baking, I wanted Delightfully Free to be as user friendly and helpful as possible. That's one of the reasons why nearly every recipe has a full color photograph of what you'll create. I always enjoy hearing people tell me "your food really does look like your photos" or "I appreciate being able to see what I'm trying to make."

This motivation is also why I included at the beginning of my book a section entitled "Stocking your GF, DF, SF Pantry." It covers the different natural sweeteners, flours and other ingredients you'll come across in GF, DF, SF cooking and baking. It also mentions helpful tools to improve your results. It talks about the best way to get started...by taking a couple of recipes at a time and building your pantry with the ingredients for them. This way, you'll shortly have a pantry with everything you need  because once you stock up, you'll re-use everything you have.

So, don't let a misconception about GF, DF, SF cooking and baking keep you from enjoying delicious and nutritious meals, snacks, treats and desserts. Or, as they say in Mandarin Chinese Zou ba!

You can buy Delightfully Free and Even More Delightfully Free on my website, www.delightfullyfree.com or directly at this link: https://squareup.com/market/delightfully-free
Your signed books always come with free shipping. We do not sell on Amazon or Barnes & Noble or any other internet sites.