Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Book Signing in an Unlikely Place

 I continue to be surprised by the usual places I find people interested in eating gluten free. And, more and more, those people are thrilled to find that my book, Delightfully Free, is also dairy free and refined sugar free. 

My husband came home from a professional baseball game earlier this year and told me that there was a gluten free restaurant at the stadium. Wow, that's progress! I'll bet that gluten free beer will not be far behind. In fact, serving gluten free food at stadiums is becoming a trend. My husband found his at Angel Stadium in Anaheim, California, home of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim where they serve both gluten-free hot dogs and gluten-free beer. (Incidentally, a baseball fan named Kim Barry, who suffers from Celiac disease toured baseball stadiums last summer and she ranked Angel Stadium as the closest to hitting a "home run" with her. She ranked it a "triple" for its gluten free offerings.)

Wow, did I digress. I'm talking about baseball (during football season no less), while actually wanting to make the point that healthy eating is starting to become mainstream.

So, here's what I started out to say. I will be selling and signing my cookbook, Delightfully Free, at the holiday boutique of a very popular Southern California quilting store. I will be at the Orange Quilt Bee which is located at 628 E Katella Avenue in Orange, California. I'm excited to be one of the presenters at the Quilt Bees' annual Holiday Boutique which is this Saturday, December 1st, from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM. I will bring my Black Bean Brownies for everyone to sample. 

Maybe I was thinking of Angel Stadium because it is located on the same street, a mere 2 and a half mile drive west of the Quilt Bee. And who knows, maybe I'll be signing books at Angel Stadium some day!! ; )

I hope to see you this Saturday!

~Tracy

About Delightfully Free: Delightfully Free is a gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free cookbook of 141 recipes. It includes delicious resources for autism, Celiac disease, diabetes, lactose intolerance, obesity and just plain healthy living. It contains 114 color photographs, 114 vegetarian or vegetarian compatible recipes, and 103 vegan or vegan compatible recipes.